Monday, June 4, 2007

Entanglements


Entanglements
Originally uploaded by Archer Braun.
Take you in my belly
Sure as night is black
Take you for religion
Like the skin across my back
When I'm buried in your thighs girl
I could understand
You gotta tell me just for once child
You ain't got no other plan
You ain't got no other plan
You gotta tell me just for once sister
You ain't got no other man

-Chris Whitley "Kick the Stones"


All things should be so ... blood simple.
Requiring little thought, only twisting anticipation.
Needing nothing but oxygen.
Wanting merely the soft gliding friction of a fingertip or tongue.
And the taste of exhausted, weary, well-worn sleep.

For the first time in a very, very long time, there is something here worth protecting.
And all of it, every part and parcel, every green, growing, good thing...can be held by holding...her.

2 comments:

Wren Jewell said...

All the fear has left me now
I'm not frightened anymore
It's my heart that pounds beneath my flesh
It's my mouth that pushes out this breath

And if I shed a tear I won't cage it
I won't fear love
And if I feel a rage I won't deny it
I won't fear love

DELETED said...

Archer, This is Nadinaka from Second Life. I am just thinking about you. not sure why you popped into my mind. But this is the only way I know how to get a hold of you. I hope you are doing well.